- What information ITW collects from you and how they use it
- What choices you have about how ITW treats your information
- How ITW protects your privacy
- What ITW does about children visiting this Website
- How you can contact ITW
- Changes in the policy
1. INFORMATION ITW COLLECTS FROM YOU
Active Information Collection
Like many other web sites, we actively collect information from our visitors both by asking specific questions on this site and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail. Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.). ITW uses this information for the purposes for which you provide it. For example, if you provide your resume to ITW for purposes of obtaining employment, the resume will be used for activities related to your potential employment.
Passive Information Collection
Some of the information we collect depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. In addition to the information sent by your web browser, as you navigate through a web site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection.
Like most web site operators, we track IP addresses, use both session and persistent cookies, and assign Internet tags. Our system also automatically gathers information about the areas you visit on this site and collects operational information about the technology you use, such as your browser, type of computer, operating systems and Internet service providers.
We passively collect information to understand what areas of this site are most popular, which areas may require improvement and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information helps us to update and improve this site. We also use this information for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment.
Limitations on the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever ITW collects personal information on the ITW Website, ITW will:
- provide timely and appropriate notice to you about its data practices;
- collect, use, disclose and transfer your personal information only with your consent, which may be express or implied, depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, legal requirements, and other factors;
- collect your personal information only for specific, limited purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
- not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an opportunity to "opt-out"; and
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within ITW.
Retention of Personal Information
ITW retains the personal information collected on the web site as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as permitted by applicable law.
2. CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT HOW ITW USES YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with as many choices and as much control as possible regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You may also send us an e-mail message at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. To protect your privacy, we will only respond to e-mail messages sent from the e-mail account you used to set up your account. Should you elect to have your information deleted, we will also delete your user account.
If you do not want any information collected, then you should choose not to use the ITW web site.
3. HOW ITW PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect your personal information. ITW will not sell personal information collected from its web site to mailing list brokers without your express consent. All information is stored within a secured database that is not accessible to the outside world. Resumes are stored on file systems that are not publicly accessible. All ITW servers are protected behind both hardware and software firewalls. Low-level access to all information is restricted to authorized support personnel only.
This site contains links to other web sites operated by third parties that may be of interest to you. We cannot control these third-party sites, which may collect personal information from you. When you follow a link and leave this site, you do so at your own risk.
4. WHAT ITW DOES ABOUT CHILDREN VISITING THIS SITE
This site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from site visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be deleted from our records, you may do so by using the feedback mechanisms provided at a particular ITW web site, by clicking on the feedback link or by writing us at the address set forth in Section 5 below.
5. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT ITW
Illinois Tool Works Inc.
3600 West Lake Avenue
Glenview, IL 60026
6. CHANGES IN THE POLICY
Ramset cannot warrant and does not represent that the information available on its website, or any linked sites is complete, reliable, current or free from error or is suitable for any purpose. Ramset excludes all other promises and warranties about this site and the information it contains.
Ramset cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense (loss) that might be incurred in any way as a result of the use of the Ramset website or use of or reliance on the materials which appear on it or any linked sites even if caused by Ramset’s negligence. Without limitation, this exclusion includes any loss caused by the transmission of a virus or similar and consequential loss such as loss of profits and loss of data.
This disclaimer applies to the extent legally permitted. Where a complete exclusion is not permitted by law, Ramset’s liability is limited to re-supply or payment of the cost of re-supply in accordance with section 68A of the Trade Practices Act.
Copyright Materials on this site are protected by the Copyright Act 1968 and must not be modified, copied, transmitted, displayed or reproduced in whole or part without prior written permission from Ramset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Welcome to the Website operated by Illinois Tool Works Inc. ("ITW"). This Website (the "ITW Website" or the "Website") provides general information about ITW, and its products, free of charge to users in the United States.
USE OF THE ITW WEBSITE
You agree to use the ITW Website only for lawful purposes:
- Specifically you agree not to do any of the following: (1) upload to or transmit on the ITW Website any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that is, or may be, protected by copyright, without permission from the copyright owner; (2) use the ITW Website to violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or to violate the laws of any jurisdiction; (3) intercept or attempt to intercept electronic mail not intended for you; (4) misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organization; (5) upload to or transmit on the ITW Website any advertisements or solicitations of business; (6) restrict or inhibit use of the ITW Website by others; (7) upload or otherwise transmit files that contain a virus or corrupted data; (8) collect information about others (including e-mail addresses) without their consent; (9) download a file or software or include in a message any software, files or links that you know, or have reason to believe, cannot be distributed legally over the ITW Website or that you have a contractual obligation to keep confidential (notwithstanding its availability on the ITW Website); (10) post "spam," transmit chain letters or engage in other similar activities; or (11) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the ITW Website, or which, as determined by ITW, may harm ITW or users of the ITW Website or expose them to liability.
- Any content and/or opinions uploaded, expressed or submitted to a message board, chatroom or any other publicly available section of the ITW Website (including password-protected areas), and all articles and responses to questions, other than the content provided by ITW, are solely the opinions and responsibility of the person or entity submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ITW. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever content you submit, and you, not ITW, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability and appropriateness. By uploading or otherwise transmitting material to any area of the ITW Website, you warrant that the material is your own or is in the public domain or otherwise free of proprietary or other restrictions and that you have the right to post it to the ITW Website. You grant to ITW the right to use all content you upload or otherwise transmit to the ITW Website in any manner ITW chooses, including, but not limited, to copying, displaying, performing or publishing it in any format whatsoever, modifying it, incorporating it into other material or making a derivative work based on it.
- ITW reserves the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to (1) remove any material posted on the ITW Website which ITW, in its sole discretion, deems inconsistent with the foregoing commitments, including any material ITW has been notified, or has reason to believe, constitutes a copyright infringement; and (2) terminate any user's access to all or part of the ITW Website. However, ITW can neither review all material before it is posted on the ITW Website nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, ITW assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by third parties. ITW reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of users of this Website and the public; however, ITW has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this paragraph.
- Your failure to comply with the provisions of (a) or (b) above may result in the termination of your access to the ITW Website and may expose you to civil and/or criminal liability.
COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS/USE OF CONTENT
The entire contents of this Website (including all information, software, text, displays, images and audio) and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are proprietary to ITW or its licensors and are protected by United States and international laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other proprietary rights. You are authorized only to use the content on the ITW Website for personal use or legitimate business purposes related to your role as a current or prospective customer, supplier or distributor of ITW. You may not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display or perform, republish, store, transmit or distribute any of the material on this site without the prior written consent of ITW, except to: (a) store copies of such materials temporarily in RAM, (b) store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes, and (c) print a reasonable number of pages of the ITW Website; provided in each case that you do not alter or remove any copyright or other proprietary notices included in such materials. Neither the title nor any intellectual property rights to any information or material in this Website are transferred to you, but remain with ITW or the applicable owner of such content. Except as expressly authorized by ITW in writing, you may not reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purposes (a) any part of this Website, (b) access to this Website or (c) use of this Website or of any services or materials available through this Website.
The term "ITW" is a trademark and the ITW logo and all related product and service names, designs and slogans are ITW trademarks. You may not use such marks without ITW's prior written permission. All other names, brands and marks are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
DEALINGS WITH MERCHANTS
If you choose to correspond, participate in a promotion or engage in transactions with any merchant found on or through this Website, you acknowledge and agree that ITW is not a party to, and will not be responsible for, your interaction with such merchant, including its treatment of your information and the terms and conditions applicable to any transaction between you and the merchant. The terms of your interaction with any merchant are solely between you and such merchant. You agree that ITW will have no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any kind that you may suffer as the result of any such interaction or the presence of such merchants on this Website.
LIABILITY OF ITW AND ITS LICENSORS
ITW does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, or available through, the ITW Website (the "Site Content"). Reliance on the Site Content is solely at your own risk. ITW disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of any Site Content.
THE ITW WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. NEITHER ITW NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH ITW MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE ITW WEBSITE. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER ITW NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH ITW WARRANTS OR REPRESENTS THAT THE ITW WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE ITW WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT THE ITW WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. ITW DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL ITW OR ITS LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE ITW WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE ITW WEBSITE OR THE SITE CONTENT, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY ITW AND WHETHER OR NOT ITW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ITW and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, third-party information providers, licensors and others involved in the ITW Website or the delivery of products, services or information over the ITW Website, from and against any and all liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising from any violation by you of this Agreement or your use of the ITW Website or any products, services or information obtained from this Website.
SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION TO ITW
COMMENTS AND SUBMISSIONS
ITW welcomes your comments. All comments, suggestions or other information sent by you to this Website for internal use by ITW or its advertisers or business partners or in response to solicitations on this Website, will become ITW's property, and you agree that all intellectual property rights therein are transferred to ITW. You understand that any postings to publicly available portions of the ITW Website are non-confidential for all purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The ITW Website may contain links to other Websites on the Internet. ITW is not responsible for and does not endorse the content, products or services of any third-party Websites, including, without limitation, sites framed within the ITW Website or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their quality, content or accuracy. Your use of third-party Websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such Websites.
US GOVERNMENT USERS
Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) and FAR 52.227-19 and any other successor regulations that may be applicable.
The owner of this Website is based in the State of Illinois, USA. ITW makes no representation that materials in this Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access this Website from other locations, you are responsible for complying with local laws.